Monday, February 3, 2020

Iowa Results

 
Iowa results 
Tonight was the night that we were supposed to hear about the results from the Iowa caucuses. We were at this Mexican place called Margarita's on time to see CNN show the results. I always thought that the time the news would put up as the countdown was definitive. Once the timer was over, minutes would pass and the results would not come on. I would later learn that they do it by section of the state, so it is a build up count and not a 100 percent reporting all at once. Even though this is true, the results of the Iowa caucuses were delayed for a while as there was something wrong with the reporting. When I got to the hotel, I turned on CNN and went to bed, but I quickly turned it off because I was not going to waste any sleep worrying who "won Iowa". I would have to find out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment